Re: [TalkAntietam] Longsteet's kids

  • Brian Morris
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 27, 2004
      There was actually talk at one point of having both James Longstreet and
      George Pickett moved to Arlington and being reburied together next to each
      other, their sons and a Confederate monument of some sort (Not the current
      Confederate monument at Arlington). I don't recall the details off the top
      of my head and of course it never came about.

      Brian

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 27, 2004
        Dear Brian and TJ,

        Thanks much for the photos. Very interesting re James Longstreet
        Jr. military service.

        I remain,
        Your Humble and Obdt. Servant,
        G. E. "Gerry" Mayers