Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Richard at Antietam -- book signing

  • richard@rcroker.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 27, 2004
      I'm in Marietta -- just north of Atlanta and a stone's throw from the
      Kennesaw Mountain NBP. If you're driving, you'll pass my house (almost).
      Give me a call!!!!!! Maybe we can meet then.

      770-977-2397
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 27, 2004
        Kevin Rawlings wrote:

        <Snip>

        > I am on my way to Tarheelia(NC) in a
        > couple of weeks for some research at Duke and UNC with a friend of mine
        from
        > NC.

        Hi Kevin,

        Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. I was at the Wilson
        Library about 10 days ago and you'll be happy to know that the portrait of
        Brig. Gen. Reverence N. Awe has been returned to it's rightful spot in the
        reading room of the Manuscripts Dept. New policy at Wilson, you can no
        longer make your own copies so anything you don't have time to write out or
        "laptop" has to be left for the print dept. to copy and mail to you. :-(
        However, this policy does not extend to their microfilm section or anything
        from the North Carolina Collections Room. See you on the 12th.

        Best Regards,
        Teej
      • richard@rcroker.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 27, 2004
          Excuse me??????

          There was actually a person called Reverence N. Awe?????

          If so, I am in "N Awe" of his parents!

          > > couple of weeks for some research at Duke and UNC with a friend of mine
          > from
          > > NC.
          >
          > Hi Kevin,
          >
          > Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. I was at the
          Wilson
          > Library about 10 days ago and you'll be happy to know that the portrait of
          > Brig. Gen. Reverence N. Awe has been returned to it's rightful spot in
          the
          > reading room of the Manuscripts Dept. New policy at Wilson, you can no
          > longer make your own copies so anything you don't have time to write out
          or
          > "laptop" has to be left for the print dept. to copy and mail to you. :-(
          > However, this policy does not extend to their microfilm section or
          anything
          > from the North Carolina Collections Room. See you on the 12th.
          >
          > Best Regards,
          > Teej
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Teej Smith
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 27, 2004
            Richard Croker wrote:

            > Excuse me??????
            >
            > There was actually a person called Reverence N. Awe?????
            >
            > If so, I am in "N Awe" of his parents!

            LOL...just a wee bit of Tar Heel humor. Most people called him Brig.
            Gen. J. Johnston Pettigrew who graduated from the University of North
            Carolina with a perfect 4.0 average, and as Longstreet said in THE MOVIE,
            "they still speak of your grades with reverence and awe. Actually, Pettigrew
            and Matt Ransom had identical G.P.A.s the story of how that was resolved is
            an interesting one, and one which caused a life-long rivalry between Ransom
            and Pettigrew. Unfortunately,for Pettigrew "life-long" wasn't all that long.

            Regards,
            Teej