RE: [TalkAntietam] Re: Richard at Antietam -- book signing

  • Rawlings, Kevin
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 27, 2004
      My sanity is going to take awhile before it returns to normal if it ever
      does,...but then again I have been often told I am anything but normal.
      Normal is in the eye of the beholder I guess. Teenagers, not quite, they
      were tweenagers (all twelve years old). I am on my way to Tarheelia(NC) in a
      couple of weeks for some research at Duke and UNC with a friend of mine from
      NC. Where in Georgia are you from Richard? I will be in Columbus the first
      Friday and Saturday in December. Maybe we can arrange to get together then.

      Kevin

      -
    • richard@rcroker.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 27, 2004
        I'm in Marietta -- just north of Atlanta and a stone's throw from the
        Kennesaw Mountain NBP. If you're driving, you'll pass my house (almost).
        Give me a call!!!!!! Maybe we can meet then.

        770-977-2397
        > My sanity is going to take awhile before it returns to normal if it ever
        > does,...but then again I have been often told I am anything but normal.
        > Normal is in the eye of the beholder I guess. Teenagers, not quite, they
        > were tweenagers (all twelve years old). I am on my way to Tarheelia(NC) in
        > couple of weeks for some research at Duke and UNC with a friend of mine
        from
        > NC. Where in Georgia are you from Richard? I will be in Columbus the first
        > Friday and Saturday in December. Maybe we can arrange to get together
        then.

        > Kevin
        >
        > -
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Teej Smith
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 27, 2004
          Kevin Rawlings wrote:

          <Snip>

          > I am on my way to Tarheelia(NC) in a
          > couple of weeks for some research at Duke and UNC with a friend of mine
          from
          > NC.

          Hi Kevin,

          Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. I was at the Wilson
          Library about 10 days ago and you'll be happy to know that the portrait of
          Brig. Gen. Reverence N. Awe has been returned to it's rightful spot in the
          reading room of the Manuscripts Dept. New policy at Wilson, you can no
          longer make your own copies so anything you don't have time to write out or
          "laptop" has to be left for the print dept. to copy and mail to you. :-(
          However, this policy does not extend to their microfilm section or anything
          from the North Carolina Collections Room. See you on the 12th.

          Best Regards,
          Teej
        • richard@rcroker.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 27, 2004
            Excuse me??????

            There was actually a person called Reverence N. Awe?????

            If so, I am in "N Awe" of his parents!

            > > couple of weeks for some research at Duke and UNC with a friend of mine
            > from
            > > NC.
            >
            > Hi Kevin,
            >
            > Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. I was at the
            Wilson
            > Library about 10 days ago and you'll be happy to know that the portrait of
            > Brig. Gen. Reverence N. Awe has been returned to it's rightful spot in
            the
            > reading room of the Manuscripts Dept. New policy at Wilson, you can no
            > longer make your own copies so anything you don't have time to write out
            or
            > "laptop" has to be left for the print dept. to copy and mail to you. :-(
            > However, this policy does not extend to their microfilm section or
            anything
            > from the North Carolina Collections Room. See you on the 12th.
            >
            > Best Regards,
            > Teej
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Teej Smith
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 27, 2004
              Richard Croker wrote:

              > Excuse me??????
              >
              > There was actually a person called Reverence N. Awe?????
              >
              > If so, I am in "N Awe" of his parents!

              LOL...just a wee bit of Tar Heel humor. Most people called him Brig.
              Gen. J. Johnston Pettigrew who graduated from the University of North
              Carolina with a perfect 4.0 average, and as Longstreet said in THE MOVIE,
              "they still speak of your grades with reverence and awe. Actually, Pettigrew
              and Matt Ransom had identical G.P.A.s the story of how that was resolved is
              an interesting one, and one which caused a life-long rivalry between Ransom
              and Pettigrew. Unfortunately,for Pettigrew "life-long" wasn't all that long.

              Regards,
              Teej