Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Richard at Antietam -- book signing

  • richard@rcroker.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 27, 2004
      Oh my God! A house full of teenaged girls????? I'm glad you
      survived!!!!!!!

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 27, 2004
        My sanity is going to take awhile before it returns to normal if it ever
        does,...but then again I have been often told I am anything but normal.
        Normal is in the eye of the beholder I guess. Teenagers, not quite, they
        were tweenagers (all twelve years old). I am on my way to Tarheelia(NC) in a
        couple of weeks for some research at Duke and UNC with a friend of mine from
        NC. Where in Georgia are you from Richard? I will be in Columbus the first
        Friday and Saturday in December. Maybe we can arrange to get together then.

        Kevin

        -
      • richard@rcroker.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 27, 2004
          I'm in Marietta -- just north of Atlanta and a stone's throw from the
          Kennesaw Mountain NBP. If you're driving, you'll pass my house (almost).
          Give me a call!!!!!! Maybe we can meet then.

          770-977-2397
          > My sanity is going to take awhile before it returns to normal if it ever
          > does,...but then again I have been often told I am anything but normal.
          > Normal is in the eye of the beholder I guess. Teenagers, not quite, they
          > were tweenagers (all twelve years old). I am on my way to Tarheelia(NC) in
          > couple of weeks for some research at Duke and UNC with a friend of mine
          from
          > NC. Where in Georgia are you from Richard? I will be in Columbus the first
          > Friday and Saturday in December. Maybe we can arrange to get together
          then.

          > Kevin
          >
          > -
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Teej Smith
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 27, 2004
            Kevin Rawlings wrote:

            <Snip>

            > I am on my way to Tarheelia(NC) in a
            > couple of weeks for some research at Duke and UNC with a friend of mine
            from
            > NC.

            Hi Kevin,

            Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. I was at the Wilson
            Library about 10 days ago and you'll be happy to know that the portrait of
            Brig. Gen. Reverence N. Awe has been returned to it's rightful spot in the
            reading room of the Manuscripts Dept. New policy at Wilson, you can no
            longer make your own copies so anything you don't have time to write out or
            "laptop" has to be left for the print dept. to copy and mail to you. :-(
            However, this policy does not extend to their microfilm section or anything
            from the North Carolina Collections Room. See you on the 12th.

            Best Regards,
            Teej
          • richard@rcroker.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 27, 2004
              Excuse me??????

              There was actually a person called Reverence N. Awe?????

              If so, I am in "N Awe" of his parents!

              > > couple of weeks for some research at Duke and UNC with a friend of mine
              > from
              > > NC.
              >
              > Hi Kevin,
              >
              > Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. I was at the
              Wilson
              > Library about 10 days ago and you'll be happy to know that the portrait of
              > Brig. Gen. Reverence N. Awe has been returned to it's rightful spot in
              the
              > reading room of the Manuscripts Dept. New policy at Wilson, you can no
              > longer make your own copies so anything you don't have time to write out
              or
              > "laptop" has to be left for the print dept. to copy and mail to you. :-(
              > However, this policy does not extend to their microfilm section or
              anything
              > from the North Carolina Collections Room. See you on the 12th.
              >
              > Best Regards,
              > Teej
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Teej Smith
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 27, 2004
                Richard Croker wrote:

                > Excuse me??????
                >
                > There was actually a person called Reverence N. Awe?????
                >
                > If so, I am in "N Awe" of his parents!

                LOL...just a wee bit of Tar Heel humor. Most people called him Brig.
                Gen. J. Johnston Pettigrew who graduated from the University of North
                Carolina with a perfect 4.0 average, and as Longstreet said in THE MOVIE,
                "they still speak of your grades with reverence and awe. Actually, Pettigrew
                and Matt Ransom had identical G.P.A.s the story of how that was resolved is
                an interesting one, and one which caused a life-long rivalry between Ransom
                and Pettigrew. Unfortunately,for Pettigrew "life-long" wasn't all that long.

                Regards,
                Teej