Re: Interrogating a witness tree

  • James Madison
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 30 1:05 PM
      Thanks for the information guys. I'll be there next week somtime and
      be sure to give that tree a little more attention. Outside of the
      general topography of the of the battle grounds are their any other
      significent natural features that remain?
    • robert blama
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 30 5:37 PM
        That is the same tree A tree 140 yrs old does not have to be that big
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 30 6:25 PM
          Speaking of witness trees -- I live close the the Kennesaw Mountain National
          Battlefield Park where they tell you to look high in the trees and you can
          see odd branching -- where it has split into four or five limbs where you
          might only expect to see two. They say that the deformity is a result of
          being struck by cannon fire at a very young age.

          Richard Croker