Re: [TalkAntietam] Important News for TalkAntietam Members

  • Brian Morris
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 14 1:00 PM
      *sigh* Is there any limit to how low spammers will go? The kicker is the lie
      that makes it sound as if the owner of this list is responsable for their
      garbage and suggests that members unsubscribe from the group if they don't
      want spams.

      A small suggestion as I moderate two other Yahoo lists where we've had
      similar spam troubles. Set it so all new members are moderated upon
      subscribing. That way the spammers can't join the group and instantly spam
      it. Then the moderators/owner can unmoderate the legit members at their
      leisure. It's worked on the two lists I moderate.

      Brian
    • Brian Downey
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24 7:04 AM
        Sorry, all, about another Spam message.

        I have taken Mr Morris' advice and I have set the list so all new
        members must have posts moderated. I hope that'll keep the spam out.

        Thanks Brian!

        Brian

      • richard@rcroker.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 24 7:13 AM
          Hey guys!

          I'm tentatively scheduled to do some signings up in Chambersburg (I believe)
          and at the Antietam NBP bookstore. July 23 and 24. For those of you who
          live up yonder, I'd love for ya to drop by.

          I'll keep you posted as things get firmed up!

          Richard Croker
          www.rcroker.com