96th Pa. Marker at Crampton's Gap

  • tjrhys62
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2004
      For Tom Shay et al:

      Yesterday I received a letter from Leo Ward, President of the
      Schuylkill County HS, asking my assistance in planning a 96th Pa.
      marker for erection here at Crampton's Gap. I've long felt that the
      unit heartily deserved one. He will be going through the Crampton's
      Gap website this week to come up to speed.

      This sounds like a project for which you may have input, living as
      near as you do. Leo gave me a warm invite up to Pottsville which Jan
      and I had been planning anyway, weather permitting. Leo, Dick
      Higgins, I and others will undoubtedly put heads together for the
      planning stage. Care to get involved?

      Tim
    • rotbaron@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2004
        In a message dated 5/4/04 10:26:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        tjreesecg@... writes:
        This sounds like a project for which you may have input, living as
        near as you do. Leo gave me a warm invite up to Pottsville which Jan
        and I had been planning anyway, weather permitting. Leo, Dick
        Higgins, I and others will undoubtedly put heads together for the
        planning stage. Care to get involved?
        Please keep me updated. Let me know what I can do to assist.

        FYI to all...There will be a dedication ceremony for two signs honoring
        General Nagle on Saturday, May 29, 2004 in Pottsville, PA. Among the invitees will
        be Pottsville city officials, Nagle family descendants, reenactors and others.
        John Hoptak will deliver a speech titled: General James Nagle: His Life and
        Service.

        Tom Shay - Cressona, PA