Reenactment?

  • 128thpa@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 30, 2004
      Don't forget that at 12:30 on Sept 18th at the park, the dedication of the 90th Pa monument will be held. More details will follow.

      Paula Gidjunis
      Secretary,
      90th Pa Antietam Monument Foundation
    • tjrhys62
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 30, 2004
        Thanks for the heads-up, Gerry. Figured something big had to be
        going on in Virginia from Wilderness to Petersburg.

        For anyone interested, the minor affair here at Burkittsville can be
        accessed at http://www.burkittsville1862.com/. This is a repeat of
        three years ago and may have run into a few snags depending upon who
        you talk to.

        None of the principals seem all that enthusiastic, the town has
        yawned thus far, and the property owner is a bit vexed that earlier
        proceeds didn't go to preservation. The state park service isn't
        involved this time around. Scuttlebutt has it that the jury is out
        on whether or not it will come off. Way too early to tell.

        Tim

        --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "NJ Rebel" <gerry1952@f...>

      • tjrhys62
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 30, 2004
          Paula,

          You might want to ask Brian to post the 90 PA monument dedication on
          the news/upcoming events page at AotW, including all details when
          available.

          Tim

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 30, 2004
            Dear Paula,

            Did not realize until after the HMTA weekend that it was "you" I
            had met when you were talking to Allan at the Wax Museum.

            It is surprising indeed there are no official plans for September
            at the Park. Do you know any reason why this might be?