Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Reenactment?

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 29, 2004
      Gang,

      Mother's Day weekend is the anniversary of Spotsylvania, which is
      the 140th year this year.

      Antietam was two years ago for its 140th; however, there is a
      smaller reenactment event near Burkittsville, Md.

      I remain,
      Your Humble and Obdt. Servant,
      G. E. "Gerry" Mayers
      Corporal,
      Confederate Signal Corps,
      Longstreet's Corps

      "It is Well that WAR is so Terrible;
      else we shall grow too fond of it."
      --Robert E. Lee

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 30, 2004
        Don't forget that at 12:30 on Sept 18th at the park, the dedication of the 90th Pa monument will be held. More details will follow.

        Paula Gidjunis
        Secretary,
        90th Pa Antietam Monument Foundation
      • tjrhys62
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 30, 2004
          Thanks for the heads-up, Gerry. Figured something big had to be
          going on in Virginia from Wilderness to Petersburg.

          For anyone interested, the minor affair here at Burkittsville can be
          accessed at http://www.burkittsville1862.com/. This is a repeat of
          three years ago and may have run into a few snags depending upon who
          you talk to.

          None of the principals seem all that enthusiastic, the town has
          yawned thus far, and the property owner is a bit vexed that earlier
          proceeds didn't go to preservation. The state park service isn't
          involved this time around. Scuttlebutt has it that the jury is out
          on whether or not it will come off. Way too early to tell.

          Tim

          --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "NJ Rebel" <gerry1952@f...>

        • tjrhys62
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 30, 2004
            Paula,

            You might want to ask Brian to post the 90 PA monument dedication on
            the news/upcoming events page at AotW, including all details when
            available.

            Tim

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 30, 2004
              Dear Paula,

              Did not realize until after the HMTA weekend that it was "you" I
              had met when you were talking to Allan at the Wax Museum.

              It is surprising indeed there are no official plans for September
              at the Park. Do you know any reason why this might be?