Re: Reenactment?

  • tjrhys62
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 29 11:33 AM
      Hi Richard,

      Fact is I haven't heard any buzz about a reenactment this year
      whatsoever. You of course know about the troubles plaguing the
      Sharpsburg Heritage Festival. Brian has posted nothing on AotW, and
      I for one haven't heard diddly though everybody bends my ear sooner
      or later. Maybe someone else?

      Perhaps 140th observances in Virginia are logically stealing all the
      fire this year. Just a guess.

      Tim

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, <richard@r...> wrote:
      > Guys -- I need to know if there is going to be an Antietam
      anniversary
      > reenactment this year. What's the buzz?

      Foundation.

      http://mlis.state.md.us/PDF-
      > Documents/2000rs/bills/hb/hb1183t.pdf for the official language of
      > what South Mountain "Fake" Battlefield is and is not. It's icing
      > without a cake which children naturally prefer.
      >
      > While the kiddies play, the house burns. Santa can't get down this
      > chimney.
      >
      > Tim

      Printer

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 29 7:45 PM
        Gang,

        Mother's Day weekend is the anniversary of Spotsylvania, which is
        the 140th year this year.

        Antietam was two years ago for its 140th; however, there is a
        smaller reenactment event near Burkittsville, Md.

        I remain,
        Your Humble and Obdt. Servant,
        G. E. "Gerry" Mayers
        Corporal,
        Confederate Signal Corps,
        Longstreet's Corps

        "It is Well that WAR is so Terrible;
        else we shall grow too fond of it."
        --Robert E. Lee

        Sponsor --------------------
        -~--> Buy
        > Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or
        Lexmark
        Printer
        > at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US &
        Canada.
        > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/GmiolB/TM

        Service.
      • 128thpa@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 30 3:52 AM
          Don't forget that at 12:30 on Sept 18th at the park, the dedication of the 90th Pa monument will be held. More details will follow.

          Paula Gidjunis
          Secretary,
          90th Pa Antietam Monument Foundation
        • tjrhys62
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 30 5:48 AM
            Thanks for the heads-up, Gerry. Figured something big had to be
            going on in Virginia from Wilderness to Petersburg.

            For anyone interested, the minor affair here at Burkittsville can be
            accessed at http://www.burkittsville1862.com/. This is a repeat of
            three years ago and may have run into a few snags depending upon who
            you talk to.

            None of the principals seem all that enthusiastic, the town has
            yawned thus far, and the property owner is a bit vexed that earlier
            proceeds didn't go to preservation. The state park service isn't
            involved this time around. Scuttlebutt has it that the jury is out
            on whether or not it will come off. Way too early to tell.

            Tim

            --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "NJ Rebel" <gerry1952@f...>

          • tjrhys62
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 30 6:05 AM
              Paula,

              You might want to ask Brian to post the 90 PA monument dedication on
              the news/upcoming events page at AotW, including all details when
              available.

              Tim

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 30 3:15 PM
                Dear Paula,

                Did not realize until after the HMTA weekend that it was "you" I
                had met when you were talking to Allan at the Wax Museum.

                It is surprising indeed there are no official plans for September
                at the Park. Do you know any reason why this might be?