Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Reenactment?

  • richard@rcroker.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 29, 2004
      Guys -- I need to know if there is going to be an Antietam anniversary
      reenactment this year. What's the buzz?
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 29, 2004
        Hi Richard,

        Fact is I haven't heard any buzz about a reenactment this year
        whatsoever. You of course know about the troubles plaguing the
        Sharpsburg Heritage Festival. Brian has posted nothing on AotW, and
        I for one haven't heard diddly though everybody bends my ear sooner
        or later. Maybe someone else?

        Perhaps 140th observances in Virginia are logically stealing all the
        fire this year. Just a guess.

        Tim

        --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, <richard@r...> wrote:
        > Guys -- I need to know if there is going to be an Antietam
        anniversary
        > reenactment this year. What's the buzz?

        Printer

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 29, 2004
          Gang,

          Mother's Day weekend is the anniversary of Spotsylvania, which is
          the 140th year this year.

          Antietam was two years ago for its 140th; however, there is a
          smaller reenactment event near Burkittsville, Md.

          I remain,
          Your Humble and Obdt. Servant,
          G. E. "Gerry" Mayers
          Corporal,
          Confederate Signal Corps,
          Longstreet's Corps

          "It is Well that WAR is so Terrible;
          else we shall grow too fond of it."
          --Robert E. Lee

          Sponsor --------------------
          -~--> Buy
          > Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or
          Lexmark
          Printer
          > at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US &
          Canada.
          > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/GmiolB/TM

          Service.
        • 128thpa@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 30, 2004
            Don't forget that at 12:30 on Sept 18th at the park, the dedication of the 90th Pa monument will be held. More details will follow.

            Paula Gidjunis
            Secretary,
            90th Pa Antietam Monument Foundation
          • tjrhys62
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 30, 2004
              Thanks for the heads-up, Gerry. Figured something big had to be
              going on in Virginia from Wilderness to Petersburg.

              For anyone interested, the minor affair here at Burkittsville can be
              accessed at http://www.burkittsville1862.com/. This is a repeat of
              three years ago and may have run into a few snags depending upon who
              you talk to.

              None of the principals seem all that enthusiastic, the town has
              yawned thus far, and the property owner is a bit vexed that earlier
              proceeds didn't go to preservation. The state park service isn't
              involved this time around. Scuttlebutt has it that the jury is out
              on whether or not it will come off. Way too early to tell.

              Tim

              --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "NJ Rebel" <gerry1952@f...>

            • tjrhys62
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 30, 2004
                Paula,

                You might want to ask Brian to post the 90 PA monument dedication on
                the news/upcoming events page at AotW, including all details when
                available.

                Tim

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 30, 2004
                  Dear Paula,

                  Did not realize until after the HMTA weekend that it was "you" I
                  had met when you were talking to Allan at the Wax Museum.

                  It is surprising indeed there are no official plans for September
                  at the Park. Do you know any reason why this might be?