Re: was burnside at fault for antietam???

  • james2044
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 31, 2004
      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "david lutton" <dunkerch@c...>
      wrote:
      > True, Antietam was a huge Political victory for the north and can
      I believe
      > be argued to be the major turning point of the war.

      IMO, the victories at Antietam & Perryville were the "turning point"
      of the war. Never again was the CSA able to mount two invisions and
      England never came closer to intervention.

      Jmaes2044
    • justin_heinzen10
      Message 2 of 22 , May 3 3:34 AM
        good points everyone and thanks for the input. i was looking for
        information on a broader level that contrasts getting sucked in by
        some schools of writing.