Re: Volunteers need at South Mtn

  • Brian Downey
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17 9:14 AM
      Thanks for the heads-up, Tom,

      Similar activites are planned at Anteitam NB also. See

      http://www.nps.gov/anti/Press_Re45.htm

      for details.

      Brian

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, rotbaron@a... wrote:
      > From Hagerstwon Herald-Mail (March 17, 2004):
      >
      > Volunteers needed to spruce up battlefield
      >
      > BOONSBORO - Volunteers from around the country will team up with
      Civil War Preservation Trust to clean and restore America's historic
      battlefields, cemeteries and shrines. The nationwide effort, dubbed
      Park Day, will include historic sites in many states.

      > South Mountain State Battlefield is one of the sites that will
      benefit from Park Day-related activities ....
    • richard@rcroker.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 17 5:31 PM
        >>From Hagerstwon Herald-Mail (March 17, 2004):
        >
        > Volunteers needed to spruce up battlefield
        >
        > BOONSBORO - Volunteers from around the country will team up with Civil War
        > Preservation Trust to clean and restore America's historic battlefields,
        > cemeteries and shrines. The nationwide effort, dubbed Park Day, will
        > include historic sites in many states.
        >
        > South Mountain State Battlefield is one of the sites that will benefit
        > from Park Day-related activities. Park Day will begin at 9 a.m. Saturday,
        > March 27. Meet at Fox's or Crampton's Gap.
        >
        > Volunteers are needed to assist with battlefield clean up, brush removal
        > and museum clean up at both Fox's Gap and Crampton's Gap.
        >
        > For information, call:
        > Al Preston at 301-432-0452 or send e-mail to apreston@....
        >
        > POSTED BY: Tom Shay - County Schuylkill, PA

        Sorry guys -- it's a long drive from Atlanta! I'll chip in at Kennesaw
        Mountain!

        Richard Croker