Volunteers need at South Mtn

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17, 2004
      From Hagerstwon Herald-Mail (March 17, 2004):

      Volunteers needed to spruce up battlefield

      BOONSBORO - Volunteers from around the country will team up with Civil War Preservation Trust to clean and restore America's historic battlefields, cemeteries and shrines. The nationwide effort, dubbed Park Day, will include historic sites in many states.

      South Mountain State Battlefield is one of the sites that will benefit from Park Day-related activities. Park Day will begin at 9 a.m. Saturday, March 27. Meet at Fox's or Crampton's Gap.

      Volunteers are needed to assist with battlefield clean up, brush removal and museum clean up at both Fox's Gap and Crampton's Gap.

      For information, call:
      Al Preston at 301-432-0452 or send e-mail to apreston@....

      POSTED BY: Tom Shay - County Schuylkill, PA
    • Brian Downey
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 17, 2004
        Thanks for the heads-up, Tom,

        Similar activites are planned at Anteitam NB also. See

        http://www.nps.gov/anti/Press_Re45.htm

        for details.

        Brian

      • richard@rcroker.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 17, 2004
          >>From Hagerstwon Herald-Mail (March 17, 2004):
          >
          > Volunteers needed to spruce up battlefield
          >
          > BOONSBORO - Volunteers from around the country will team up with Civil War
          > Preservation Trust to clean and restore America's historic battlefields,
          > cemeteries and shrines. The nationwide effort, dubbed Park Day, will
          > include historic sites in many states.
          >
          > South Mountain State Battlefield is one of the sites that will benefit
          > from Park Day-related activities. Park Day will begin at 9 a.m. Saturday,
          > March 27. Meet at Fox's or Crampton's Gap.
          >
          > Volunteers are needed to assist with battlefield clean up, brush removal
          > and museum clean up at both Fox's Gap and Crampton's Gap.
          >
          > For information, call:
          > Al Preston at 301-432-0452 or send e-mail to apreston@....
          >
          > POSTED BY: Tom Shay - County Schuylkill, PA

          Sorry guys -- it's a long drive from Atlanta! I'll chip in at Kennesaw
          Mountain!

          Richard Croker