RE: [TalkAntietam] First time to Antietam

  • rchurch@qis.net
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 23, 2004
      The place with the American Flag painted on the building is called the "Old
      Pike Inn" ..... they make a great burger.
      Ron Church
      Manchester MD

    • Rawlings, Kevin
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 23, 2004
        Jeff, Ron, and all,

        The majority of all those places do serve or sell alcohol (including the
        Shepherdstown Food Lion) or some sort of spirits. Mecklenburg Inn I know
        serves Guiness on tap and the gal(I don't know if she is still there)that
        tended bar poured a mean and tasty Black and Tan. Ron, you are quite
        correct, it is now the Old Pike Inn.

        Kevin
      • Rawlings, Kevin
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 23, 2004
          Jeff,

          The Old Pike Inn also serves a number of micro-brews on tap in the pub side.

          Kevin
        • Jeff Beckner (PWC Magazine)
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 23, 2004
            I'll have to stop in next time I'm in MD.

            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 23, 2004
              Jeff,

              Let me know when you are in town next and I'll join if you'd like company.
              You can find me in phone book or I live next door to the church on the
              corner before you turn up 65 to the Park.

              Kevin
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 23, 2004
                Dear Kevin,

                I think I am going to be in Sharpsburg for the Heritage Festival this next September with the Civil War Heritage Foundation. So it would be good to see you again and maybe quaff a Guinness or two......or a mean Black and Tan!

                I remain,
                Your Humble and Obdt. Servant,
                G. E. "Gerry" Mayers
                Confederate Signal Corps, Longstreet's Corps

                "It is Well that WAR is so Terrible;
                else we shall grow too fond of it."
                --Robert E. Lee

                > The majority of all those places do serve or sell alcohol (including the
                > Shepherdstown Food Lion) or some sort of spirits. Mecklenburg Inn I know
                > serves Guiness on tap and the gal(I don't know if she is still there)that
                > tended bar poured a mean and tasty Black and Tan. Ron, you are quite
                > correct, it is now the Old Pike Inn.
                >
                > Kevin
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Jeff Beckner (PWC Magazine)
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 24, 2004
                  Will do.

                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 24, 2004

                    Let's count on it. Also I will be at Shippen Manor the 2nd Sunday in
                    December for the Christmas program.

                    All the best,
                    Kevin

                      > Let's count on it. Also I will be at Shippen Manor the 2nd Sunday in
                      > December for the Christmas program.
                      >
                      > All the best,
                      > Kevin

                        > Let me know when you are in town next and I'll join if you'd like
                        > company.
                        > You can find me in phone book or I live next door to the church on the
                        > corner before you turn up 65 to the Park.
                        >
                        > Kevin

                      • Rawlings, Kevin
                        Message 11 of 23 , Feb 24, 2004

                          Hopefully there won't be an unexpected crisis at home to deal with. Was
                          suppose to be there this past year but the weather cancelled the event. I'll
                          tell them to book me a room for the night and make time for a visit.

                          All the best,
                          Kevin