RE: [TalkAntietam] First time to Antietam

  • Jeff Beckner (PWC Magazine)
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 23, 2004
      I stand corrected.

      Of course, I would immediately strike any places without alcohol from
      the list.

      I had pizza at one of those places in S'town once. Pretty good.

      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 23, 2004
        The place with the American Flag painted on the building is called the "Old
        Pike Inn" ..... they make a great burger.
        Ron Church
        Manchester MD

      • Rawlings, Kevin
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 23, 2004
          Jeff, Ron, and all,

          The majority of all those places do serve or sell alcohol (including the
          Shepherdstown Food Lion) or some sort of spirits. Mecklenburg Inn I know
          serves Guiness on tap and the gal(I don't know if she is still there)that
          tended bar poured a mean and tasty Black and Tan. Ron, you are quite
          correct, it is now the Old Pike Inn.

          Kevin
        • Rawlings, Kevin
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 23, 2004
            Jeff,

            The Old Pike Inn also serves a number of micro-brews on tap in the pub side.

            Kevin
          • Jeff Beckner (PWC Magazine)
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 23, 2004
              I'll have to stop in next time I'm in MD.

              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 23, 2004
                Jeff,

                Let me know when you are in town next and I'll join if you'd like company.
                You can find me in phone book or I live next door to the church on the
                corner before you turn up 65 to the Park.

                Kevin
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 23, 2004
                  Dear Kevin,

                  I think I am going to be in Sharpsburg for the Heritage Festival this next September with the Civil War Heritage Foundation. So it would be good to see you again and maybe quaff a Guinness or two......or a mean Black and Tan!

                  I remain,
                  Your Humble and Obdt. Servant,
                  G. E. "Gerry" Mayers
                  Confederate Signal Corps, Longstreet's Corps

                  "It is Well that WAR is so Terrible;
                  else we shall grow too fond of it."
                  --Robert E. Lee

                  > The majority of all those places do serve or sell alcohol (including the
                  > Shepherdstown Food Lion) or some sort of spirits. Mecklenburg Inn I know
                  > serves Guiness on tap and the gal(I don't know if she is still there)that
                  > tended bar poured a mean and tasty Black and Tan. Ron, you are quite
                  > correct, it is now the Old Pike Inn.
                  >
                  > Kevin
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                • Jeff Beckner (PWC Magazine)
                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 24, 2004
                    Will do.

                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 24, 2004

                      Let's count on it. Also I will be at Shippen Manor the 2nd Sunday in
                      December for the Christmas program.

                      All the best,
                      Kevin

                        > Let's count on it. Also I will be at Shippen Manor the 2nd Sunday in
                        > December for the Christmas program.
                        >
                        > All the best,
                        > Kevin

                          > Let me know when you are in town next and I'll join if you'd like
                          > company.
                          > You can find me in phone book or I live next door to the church on the
                          > corner before you turn up 65 to the Park.
                          >
                          > Kevin

                        • Rawlings, Kevin
                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 24, 2004

                            Hopefully there won't be an unexpected crisis at home to deal with. Was
                            suppose to be there this past year but the weather cancelled the event. I'll
                            tell them to book me a room for the night and make time for a visit.

                            All the best,
                            Kevin