Re: [TalkAntietam] 90th Pa Antietam Monument

  • Laura Denny
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 20, 2004
      on 2/19/04 8:04 PM, 128thpa@... at 128thpa@... wrote:

      > Awhile back I believed I mentioned about being the Secretary of the 90th Pa
      > Antietam Monument Foundation. We have been raising money to replace the 90th
      > Pa monument

      Paula,
      Thank you for posting this information. I have a very tender spot in my
      heart for the men of the 90th since they camped in my yard in June 1862.
      Where can I send a donation toward the new monument? Thank you also
      for putting me in touch with Jim Durkin before his unfortunate death. He was
      most helpful and kind in sharing his knowledge.
      All the best,
      Laura
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 20, 2004
        Dear Laura,

        Please contact me privately at your convenience, if you would! Thanks!

        I remain,
        Your Humble and Obdt. Servant,
        G. E. "Gerry" Mayers
        Confederate Signal Corps, Longstreet's Corps

        "It is Well that WAR is so Terrible;
        else we shall grow too fond of it."
        --Robert E. Lee

      • 128thpa@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 21, 2004
          Hi Laura, how are you? It is good to hear from you.

          I am away and using someone's else's computer, so I will post the exact address for contributions as soon as I return home.

          We can still use contributions!!

          Paula