Re: [TalkAntietam] Accomadations

  • Bud Wilkinson
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 9, 2004
      Well, Gettysburg is, at the minimum, a one hour drive from Sharpsburg.
      There are motels in both Hagerstown, and in Shepherdstown, WV.
      Both locations are a short drive from Sharpsburg. There is a Sleep Inn on
      Rte. 65 just south of I-70 in Hagerstown. I've stayed there on several
      occasions, and it is only 10-15 minutes from the battlefield. Nearby is
      a large Prime Outlets mall. That is where many wives head. I-70 can
      also be used to head for Frederick, MD, which is about 1/2 hour from
      Hagerstown. Frederick has a wonderful restored downtown area with
      great shops.

      If interested in B&B's, there are several in and around Sharpsburg.

      Bud

      At 09:09 PM 2/8/2004, you wrote:

> [...]
    • james2044
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11, 2004
        --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, Bud Wilkinson <gwilk@o...>
        wrote:
        > Well, Gettysburg is, at the minimum, a one hour drive from
        Sharpsburg.
        > There are motels in both Hagerstown, and in Shepherdstown, WV.
        > Both locations are a short drive from Sharpsburg. There is a
        Sleep Inn on
        > Rte. 65 just south of I-70 in Hagerstown. I've stayed there on
        several
        > occasions, and it is only 10-15 minutes from the battlefield.
        Nearby is
        > a large Prime Outlets mall. That is where many wives head. I-70
        can
        > also be used to head for Frederick, MD, which is about 1/2 hour
        from
        > Hagerstown. Frederick has a wonderful restored downtown area with
        > great shops.

        And the Monocacy battlefield too.

        Thanks to all of you for the information. The Sleep Inn & Prime
        Outlet Mall look good. I was worried about my wife would do.

        James2044