Re: Widow Shackleford

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2004
      Mary,

      I am very sorry I misread your name and also thanks to James for
      the info. One thing I would bet no matter what your loyalties were,
      if you lost property it would infuriate you and strengthen your
      resolve to end the war.

      Jeff

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Mary A. Stevanus"

    • Teej Smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2004
        Mary Stevanus wrote:

        > Unfortunately, I do not know what her sentiments were. Sharpsburg was
        > a deeply divided city, with followers of each side. I wish I could
        > find out more about her, but have not been able to locate any more
        > information.

        Mary,

        If her claims record isn't at the NARA it could be they've been moved to
        the annex at College Park, Maryland. It's my understand that that is where
        Confederate claims are housed. Hope this helps.

        Regards,
        Teej