Re: Burnside Bridge, the band

  • HENK SPARREBOOM
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 23, 2004
      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, 128thpa@c... wrote:
      > I was looking for some photos of Burnside's Bridge and when I did a
      search, this web site came up: http://www.burnside-bridge.com, its a
      punk bank!

      > They even have a song called Burnside Bridge - the lyrics are at
      the site.

      > Just thought you might want to know!
      >
      > Paula

      Hallo Paula

      Thake a look ath this sit A lot of photo,s from the cival war
      and also from the burnsite bridge
      http://www.civil-war.net/searchphotos.asp?searchphotos=Infantry%
      20Units
      Greetings from the Netherlands nezperce1951
    • 128thpa@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 23, 2004
        Sorry, I didn't really explain in my previous post. I was looking for a photo of the damage to the bridge created by Isobel last fall.

        Paula
      • Brian Downey
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 23, 2004
          Hi Paula,

          I have a link to Park info about that, including picture(s):

          http://www.nps.gov/anti/Press_Re40.htm

          Brian

        • 128thpa@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 23, 2004
            Thanks Brian! I knew those photos were somewhere on line, but I just couldn't find them for some reason. Last fall when we discussed the damage here, I tried to print out those photos, but was having problems with my printer.

            Thanks,

            Paula
          • NJRebel
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 23, 2004
              Dear Paula,

              SHAF also had pictures in their latest newsletter. If you contact
              Tom Clemens, maybe he could get some photos to you.

              I remain,
              Your Humble and Obdt. Servant,
              G. E. "Gerry" Mayers
              Confederate Signal Corps, Longstreet's Corps

              "It is well that War is so terrible; else we shall grow too fond
              of it."
              --Marse Robert

            • 128thpa@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 23, 2004
                Thanks Gerry, I have the newsletter, but it sits in a pile of things I still need to get to. The link that Brian sent was just what I was looking for. I appreciate everyone's suggestions.

                Paula