Burnside and Isabel

  • 128thpa@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 20, 2003
      Wow, thanks for the info on the Antietam creek and thanks for the trivia Tom.

      The upside for Isabel for me has been in teaching. In the beginning of the
      year I do a lot of reviewing of map skills and geography, latitude and
      longitude, etc. Well, all of a sudden students are interested in all this
      stuff because they wanted to know if they or family would be in Isabel's
      path. So we had been tracking the storm all week and of course all these
      skills came into play.

      Paula
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2003
        Dear Paula,

        I was not able to get into the information. What did it say
        about Antietam Creek?

        Very respectfully,
        Your humble and obdt. Servant,
        G. E. (Gerry) Mayers,
        Private,
        Confederate Signal Corps,
        Longstreet's Corps

        "I know of no fitter resting-place for a soldier than the
        field on which he has nobly laid down his
        ." --General Robert Edward Lee

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/