Re: [TalkAntietam] RE: NIMA CD-ROM

  • TR Livesey
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 16, 2003
      I have not actually viewed this product.

      I will say, however, that all the Carman maps are free to download from
      the LOC website, along with many other historic Antietam maps. Free
      viewers are available also. I use the Mr SID photoshop plugin, so once
      an image is imported into photoshop, it can be printed or whatever
      from there.

      Goto http://memory.loc.gov, click on 'search' on the right, click on 'maps'
      on the right, enter 'Antietam' in the search box, and you come up
      with 20 some hits. Some are just park brochures. The carman maps
      are entitled 'Atlas of the battlefield of Antietam'. There are
      many gems. The Hotchkiss map entitled 'Antietam battlefield.
      Preliminary map no. 3" is not to be missed. A nice example of
      a great hachured map.

      Regards,
      TR Livesey
      tlivesey@...