NIMA CD-ROM

  • 128thpa@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 16, 2003
      I must be an idiot - I can't figure out how to order - is it online, or do you
      have to write to them? I don't see any prices listed. I got to the place
      where it lists the CD, but I can't seem to find how to actually get it.
      Yesh, I used to work for DOD, I should know how to order an NSN!! Now, I know
      how my customers felt!!

      Paula
    • TR Livesey
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 16, 2003
        I have not actually viewed this product.

        I will say, however, that all the Carman maps are free to download from
        the LOC website, along with many other historic Antietam maps. Free
        viewers are available also. I use the Mr SID photoshop plugin, so once
        an image is imported into photoshop, it can be printed or whatever
        from there.

        Goto http://memory.loc.gov, click on 'search' on the right, click on 'maps'
        on the right, enter 'Antietam' in the search box, and you come up
        with 20 some hits. Some are just park brochures. The carman maps
        are entitled 'Atlas of the battlefield of Antietam'. There are
        many gems. The Hotchkiss map entitled 'Antietam battlefield.
        Preliminary map no. 3" is not to be missed. A nice example of
        a great hachured map.

        Regards,
        TR Livesey
        tlivesey@...