Re: [TalkAntietam] RE: NIMA CD-ROM

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 16 9:27 AM
      Dear Tom,

      Would say that Todd is very familiar with Mr. SID, so the CD
      sounds like a good one for any serious student of the battle
      to purchase.............

      Very respectfully,
      Your humble and obdt. Servant,
      G. E. (Gerry) Mayers,
      Private,
      Confederate Signal Corps,
      Longstreet's Corps

      "I know of no fitter resting-place for a soldier than the
      field on which he has nobly laid down his
      ." --General Robert Edward Lee

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 16 2:58 PM
        I must be an idiot - I can't figure out how to order - is it online, or do you
        have to write to them? I don't see any prices listed. I got to the place
        where it lists the CD, but I can't seem to find how to actually get it.
        Yesh, I used to work for DOD, I should know how to order an NSN!! Now, I know
        how my customers felt!!

        Paula
      • TR Livesey
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 16 8:02 PM
          I have not actually viewed this product.

          I will say, however, that all the Carman maps are free to download from
          the LOC website, along with many other historic Antietam maps. Free
          viewers are available also. I use the Mr SID photoshop plugin, so once
          an image is imported into photoshop, it can be printed or whatever
          from there.

          Goto http://memory.loc.gov, click on 'search' on the right, click on 'maps'
          on the right, enter 'Antietam' in the search box, and you come up
          with 20 some hits. Some are just park brochures. The carman maps
          are entitled 'Atlas of the battlefield of Antietam'. There are
          many gems. The Hotchkiss map entitled 'Antietam battlefield.
          Preliminary map no. 3" is not to be missed. A nice example of
          a great hachured map.

          Regards,
          TR Livesey
          tlivesey@...