NIMA CD-ROM

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 16, 2003
      A search via GOOGLE of "NIMA ANTIETAM" yielded several hits.

      Overview of the CD is at:
      http://www.nima.mil/ocrn/nima/antietam/

      Better yet, this site has details on the CD, samplings,and other battles available:
      http://www.nima.mil/cda/article/0,2311,3104_11762_1026505,00.html

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 16, 2003
        Dear Tom,

        Would say that Todd is very familiar with Mr. SID, so the CD
        sounds like a good one for any serious student of the battle
        to purchase.............

        Very respectfully,
        Your humble and obdt. Servant,
        G. E. (Gerry) Mayers,
        Private,
        Confederate Signal Corps,
        Longstreet's Corps

        "I know of no fitter resting-place for a soldier than the
        field on which he has nobly laid down his
        ." --General Robert Edward Lee

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 16, 2003
          I must be an idiot - I can't figure out how to order - is it online, or do you
          have to write to them? I don't see any prices listed. I got to the place
          where it lists the CD, but I can't seem to find how to actually get it.
          Yesh, I used to work for DOD, I should know how to order an NSN!! Now, I know
          how my customers felt!!

          Paula
        • TR Livesey
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 16, 2003
            I have not actually viewed this product.

            I will say, however, that all the Carman maps are free to download from
            the LOC website, along with many other historic Antietam maps. Free
            viewers are available also. I use the Mr SID photoshop plugin, so once
            an image is imported into photoshop, it can be printed or whatever
            from there.

            Goto http://memory.loc.gov, click on 'search' on the right, click on 'maps'
            on the right, enter 'Antietam' in the search box, and you come up
            with 20 some hits. Some are just park brochures. The carman maps
            are entitled 'Atlas of the battlefield of Antietam'. There are
            many gems. The Hotchkiss map entitled 'Antietam battlefield.
            Preliminary map no. 3" is not to be missed. A nice example of
            a great hachured map.

            Regards,
            TR Livesey
            tlivesey@...