NPS Antietam Booklet online

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2003
      I was trying to locate a formal announcement by NPS of the 40-acre Cornfield purchase.
      No such luck, but I did notice the old (1961) Antietam park booklet is online.

      It offers a concise summary of the battle, plus maps/photos.

      Booklet online at:
      http://www.cr.nps.gov/history/online_books/hh/31/index.htm

      Tom Shay
    • 128thpa@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2003
        Thanks Tom! Considering tomorrow is the 141st anniversary of the battle, I am
        glad to see some activity on this list.

        I recently gave my talk on the 128th Pa at the GAR museum in Philly , so these
        guys have been on my mind alot recently. On Sat, I gave a tour of Montgomery
        Cem to some local boy scouts and politicians. In Montgomery Cem are several
        soldiers who fought at Antietam, many of the 51st Pa, to include of course,
        General (then Colonel) John Hartranft.

        Paula