Re: Antietam on the Web waking up ...

  • Brian Downey
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 12, 2003
      Dang, Todd -

      Your project indeed sounds like it has excellent potential for use on
      the ground.

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, TR Livesey <tlivesey@w...> wrote:
      > Brian,
      >
      > Very interesting.
      >
      > I'm actually working at a level higher--ideas that could be
      displayable ... <snip>

      And yes, I think there might be some common threads between our
      approaches. I'd say our fundamental differences in approach are the
      result of our end-goals, but the two techniques might have some
      shareable elements.

      I'll get back to you by email, if that's ok, rather than bore the rest
      of the group with this topic.

      > This is not to say I don't like the Cope maps. Actually,
      > I have a real set of my own. Not a repro, but an actual
      > 1904 volume. The thing is huge! You have not experienced
      > these beautiful maps until you have browsed through a full
      > sized copy.

      This is fantastic! I'd love to have a copy, but haven't seen one for
      sale yet. How did you come upon yours, if I may ask?

      <more stuff snipped>

      > Regards,
      > TR Livesey
      > tlivesey@w...

      Brian
      email name: bdowney
      at
      domain: aotw.org
    • TR Livesey
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 12, 2003
        Brian Downey wrote:

        > > This is not to say I don't like the Cope maps. Actually,
        > > I have a real set of my own. Not a repro, but an actual
        > > 1904 volume. The thing is huge! You have not experienced
        > > these beautiful maps until you have browsed through a full
        > > sized copy.
        > >

        > This is fantastic! I'd love to have a copy, but haven't seen one for
        > sale yet. How did you come upon yours, if I may ask?

        Where else? All together class...EBAY!