Re: [TalkAntietam] Does anybody know of a good guide for hire?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2003
      Willie,

      Check with the park itself. They have local guides who are
      very knowledgeable. Their website link is www.nps.gov/anti.

      Hope it helps.

      Very respectfully,
      Your humble and obdt. servant,
      Jno. Walter Fairfax,
      AA & IG
      First Corps,
      Army of No. Va.

      &

      G. E. (Gerry) Mayers,
      Private,
      Confederate Signal Corps,
      Longstreet's Corps

      "I know of no fitter resting-place for a soldier than the
      field on which he has nobly laid down his
      ." --General Robert Edward Lee

      Explore some little known facts of the War of the Rebellion!
      The current feature may be found at
      http://www.us-civilwar.com/picketline.html
      To see earlier articles, kindly go to:
      http://www.us-civilwar.com/njrebel

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2003
        corsair28@... writes:
        > Any local experts available? Or does anybody know where I can look for
        > guides? I would appreciate any help that you can send my way.

        As Gerry noted, check with the Park.

        I also recommend that you check their website prior to going. They post a
        schedule of their ranger-led tours, which are always excellent.