What about a movie just on Antietam?

  • Willie Wonka
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2003
      I'm thinking a movie needs to be made about Antietam. In the whole
      scheme of things, it is as important a turning point as Gettysburg,
      almost more important, because it was at a more precarious time when
      things were going so absolutely bad for the Union. It has amazing
      drama with the hand of fate (Special Orders 191), daring and panache,
      ineptitude, politics (you'd have to include the Emancipation in it as
      a subplot), suspense to boot. With a skilled director and writer who
      could make it all work without having to cut anything to fit it under
      4 hours or make the actors sound like they're reciting letters from
      the 19th Century. It could work! What do you think? The memory of
      the men (and the few women) who died there deserve this honor.