Re: [TalkAntietam] Antietam Samaritan

  • david lutton
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2003
      Curt,

      Thanks for the interesting post on the "Samaritan." Its the first time I
      heard the story.

      David Lutton
      Hollidaysburg Pa
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 11, 2003
        David,

        I think, IIRC, Mike Priest has it in his book on the battle
        as does again, IIRC, TimeLife books installment on
        Antietam...and possibly the TimeLife Voices of the Civil War
        Antietam volume.

        Very respectfully,
        Your humble and obdt. servant,
        G. E. (Gerry) Mayers,
        Private,
        Nelson's Signal Company,
        Longstreet's Corps

        "I know of no fitter resting-place for a soldier than the
        field on which he has nobly laid down his
        ." --General Robert Edward Lee

        Explore some little known facts of the War of the Rebellion!
        The current feature may be found at
        http://www.us-civilwar.com/picketline.html
        To see earlier articles, kindly go to:
        http://www.us-civilwar.com/njrebel

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Curt
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 12, 2003
          David,
          You're welcome. I knew of the incident from Graham's reports, but I did not know the details, as provided by Mr. Clem in his excellent article. The Civil War Page is a fine feature of the Washington Times.