Re: [TalkAntietam] G&G: no Antietam scenes

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2003
      Group,

      Dammmmmmmmm. And those are the scenes I went down for!

      Unless they use a couple of snippets for background shots or
      the charge on Rickett's Battery.

      But Antietam is one of the key points of the book.....

      Very respectfully,
      Your humble and obdt. servant,
      G. E. (Gerry) Mayers,
      Private,
      Nelson's Signal Company,
      Longstreet's Corps

      "I know of no fitter resting-place for a soldier than the
      field on which he has nobly laid down his
      ." --General Robert Edward Lee

      Explore some little known facts of the War of the Rebellion!
      The current feature may be found at
      http://www.us-civilwar.com/picketline.html
      To see earlier articles, kindly go to:
      http://www.us-civilwar.com/njrebel

        > The Battle of Antietam scenes filmed for "Gods and
        Generals" will not appear
        > in the theater version of the Civil War movie but will be
        in the six-hour DVD
        > version of the film, director Ron Maxwell said at a
        preview of the movie
        > Wednesday night.
        >
        > The Herald-Mail's story is <A
        HREF="http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=displaystory&story_
        id=49382&format=html">online</A> at:

        > <A
        HREF="http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=displaystory&story_
        id=49382&format=html">http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=dis
        playstory&story_id=49382&format=html</A>

        > Tom Shay

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Ollie
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2003
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 6, 2003
            Thanks to O.G. for correcting the URL.

            Some of that "user friendly" AOL stuff only makes things more complex!