G&G: no Antietam scenes

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2003
      The Battle of Antietam scenes filmed for "Gods and Generals" will not appear
      in the theater version of the Civil War movie but will be in the six-hour DVD
      version of the film, director Ron Maxwell said at a preview of the movie
      Wednesday night.

      The Herald-Mail's story is <A HREF="http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=49382&format=html">online</A> at:

      <A HREF="http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=49382&format=html">http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=49382&format=html</A>

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2003
        Group,

        Dammmmmmmmm. And those are the scenes I went down for!

        Unless they use a couple of snippets for background shots or
        the charge on Rickett's Battery.

        But Antietam is one of the key points of the book.....

        Very respectfully,
        Your humble and obdt. servant,
        G. E. (Gerry) Mayers,
        Private,
        Nelson's Signal Company,
        Longstreet's Corps

        "I know of no fitter resting-place for a soldier than the
        field on which he has nobly laid down his
        ." --General Robert Edward Lee

        Explore some little known facts of the War of the Rebellion!
        The current feature may be found at
        http://www.us-civilwar.com/picketline.html
        To see earlier articles, kindly go to:
        http://www.us-civilwar.com/njrebel

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > The Battle of Antietam scenes filmed for "Gods and
          Generals" will not appear
          > in the theater version of the Civil War movie but will be
          in the six-hour DVD
          > version of the film, director Ron Maxwell said at a
          preview of the movie
          > Wednesday night.
          >
          > The Herald-Mail's story is <A
          HREF="http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=displaystory&story_
          id=49382&format=html">online</A> at:

          > <A
          HREF="http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=displaystory&story_
          id=49382&format=html">http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=dis
          playstory&story_id=49382&format=html</A>

          > Tom Shay

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Ollie
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 6, 2003
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 6, 2003
              Thanks to O.G. for correcting the URL.

              Some of that "user friendly" AOL stuff only makes things more complex!