Re: 27th NC Infantry

  • Randy Peacock <nccivilwar@peoplepc.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 24, 2002
      Yes, I have Clark's Regiments and NC Troops 1861-65 books; looking
      for any additional info that might be out there.
      thanks

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Teej Smith" <teej@n...> wrote:
      > Randy Peacock wrote:
      >

      > > I would like any info on the 27th Regiment ( Co. "K") NC
      Infantry and
      > > their fighting around the Dunkard's Church / Hagerstown Pike
      areas. My
      > > GG Grandfather was in this unit and I am trying to write a book
      about
      > > this unit's engagements. Any help / info would be appreciated.
      >
      > Greetings from a fellow Tar Heel. Do you have Clark's N.C.
      Regiments
      > 1861-1865? It gives a good account of the fight in which the 27th
      N.C. took

    • Jason <darkpharoh@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 9, 2003
        ...Might I suggest you contact Antietam Natl' Mil.Park. They have a
        rather extensive library and virtually all units that participated in
        the campaign have a vertical file. What is in the vertical files
        varies from unit to unit. Also, I would suggest looking at the Carman
        map. The park library also has a copy of that.
        -jason amico
        --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Peacock