Re: [TalkAntietam] 27th NC Infantry

  • Teej Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 24, 2002
      Randy Peacock wrote:

      > I would like any info on the 27th Regiment ( Co. "K") NC Infantry and
      > their fighting around the Dunkard's Church / Hagerstown Pike areas. My
      > GG Grandfather was in this unit and I am trying to write a book about
      > this unit's engagements. Any help / info would be appreciated.

      Greetings from a fellow Tar Heel. Do you have Clark's N.C. Regiments
      1861-1865? It gives a good account of the fight in which the 27th N.C. took
      part.

      Regards,
      Teej
    • Randy Peacock <nccivilwar@peoplepc.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 24, 2002
        Yes, I have Clark's Regiments and NC Troops 1861-65 books; looking
        for any additional info that might be out there.
        thanks

      • Jason <darkpharoh@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 9, 2003
          ...Might I suggest you contact Antietam Natl' Mil.Park. They have a
          rather extensive library and virtually all units that participated in
          the campaign have a vertical file. What is in the vertical files
          varies from unit to unit. Also, I would suggest looking at the Carman
          map. The park library also has a copy of that.
          -jason amico
          --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Peacock