Re: 27th NC Infantry

  • Randy Peacock <nccivilwar@peoplepc.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 24, 2002
      His name was David Peacock, enlisted 6/10/61 as a Private in Co. "K"
      27th NC Infantry, wounded at Bristoe Staion, Va. and transferred
      into Co. "I" 15th NC Infantry (exchanged for Private Amaziah Parks
      in Feb 63). He was surrendered in the 15th NC on April 9, 65 with RE
      Lee at Appomattox.

      Randy

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Teej Smith" <teej@n...> wrote:

      > Randy Peacock wrote:
      >

      > > I would like any info on the 27th Regiment ( Co. "K") NC
      Infantry and
      > > their fighting around the Dunkard's Church / Hagerstown Pike
      areas. My
      > > GG Grandfather was in this unit and I am trying to write a book
      about
      > > this unit's engagements. Any help / info would be appreciated.
      >
      > What was your GG Grandfather's name? I'll look him up.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Teej
    • Teej Smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 24, 2002
        Randy Peacock wrote:

        > I would like any info on the 27th Regiment ( Co. "K") NC Infantry and
        > their fighting around the Dunkard's Church / Hagerstown Pike areas. My
        > GG Grandfather was in this unit and I am trying to write a book about
        > this unit's engagements. Any help / info would be appreciated.

        Greetings from a fellow Tar Heel. Do you have Clark's N.C. Regiments
        1861-1865? It gives a good account of the fight in which the 27th N.C. took
        part.

        Regards,
        Teej
      • Randy Peacock <nccivilwar@peoplepc.com>
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 24, 2002
          Yes, I have Clark's Regiments and NC Troops 1861-65 books; looking
          for any additional info that might be out there.
          thanks

        • Jason <darkpharoh@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 9, 2003
            ...Might I suggest you contact Antietam Natl' Mil.Park. They have a
            rather extensive library and virtually all units that participated in
            the campaign have a vertical file. What is in the vertical files
            varies from unit to unit. Also, I would suggest looking at the Carman
            map. The park library also has a copy of that.
            -jason amico
            --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Peacock