Re: South Mountain wargame

  • Scott Mingus <scottmingus@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 12, 2002
      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "NJ Rebel" <gerry1952@f...>
      wrote:
      > Scott,
      >
      > Which portion of the Battles for South Mountain are we viewing in
      > that image???

      Gerry,

      This view is looking north from the Lamb's Knoll region. In the
      foreground is the country lane that ran by the J. H. Beachley house
      (first house from the bottom). To the right is Old Sharpsburg Road
      (Hoffman and Martz houses). Towards the center is Fox's Gap and a
      structure to represent the Wise cabin. To the left is the road
      heading down towards Pleasant Valley (Lampert and Hutzel homesteads).
      To the north (top of the photo) runs the old mountain road towards
      Turner's Gap.

      At the extreme NE corner of the photo is the National Pike near the
      D. Beachley farm. The stone walls in this segment are defending by
      two regiments of Colquitt's Brigade.

      Everything is in 15mm scale. I use Johnny RebIII as the rules. Each
      inch of miniature terrain equals 50 yards of ground scale, each tiny
      wargaming pewter figure equals 30 armed combatants, and each game
      turn is 20 minutes of ground time.

      For more pictures of South Mountain gaming, please see my web site at
      http://www.geocities.com/scottmingus/index. Also, please sign my
      guestbook if you have time.

      regards!

      Scott
    • james2044 <james2044@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 12, 2002
        Gerry
        The TalonSoft PC game Antietam has South Mountain on it. Check
        eBay, I have them all. The AI isn't but they are based on the SPI
        TSS system and are the bast ones out. HPS is doing ACW campaign
        games. I have Corinth and the next one is due 1st qtr 03.
        James

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 12, 2002
          I have Sid Meier's Anteitam and know how to get the South
          Mountain patch...thanks....

          Very respectfully,
          Your humble servant,
          G. E. (Gerry) Mayers,
          Private,
          Nelson's Signal Company,
          Longstreet's Corps

          Edward Lee

          Explore some little known facts of the War of the Rebellion! The
          current feature may be found at
          http://www.us-civilwar.com/picketline.html
          To see earlier articles, kindly go to:
          http://www.us-civilwar.com/njrebel

          > The TalonSoft PC game Antietam has South Mountain on it. Check
          > eBay, I have them all. The AI isn't but they are based on the
          SPI
          > TSS system and are the bast ones out. HPS is doing ACW
          campaign
          > games. I have Corinth and the next one is due 1st qtr 03.
          > James
          >
          > --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "NJ Rebel"
          <gerry1952@f...>
          > wrote:
          > > Scott,
          > >
          > > Will the game scenarios eventually be computerized???
          > >
          > > Very respectfully,
          > > Your humble servant,
          > > Gerry Mayers
          > > Pvt., CS Signals,
          > > Longstreet's Corps
          > >
          > > A Proud American by Birth, Southern by Choice!
          > >
          > > "I know of no fitter resting-place for a soldier than the
          field
          > > on which he has nobly laid down his life." --General
          Robert