Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: South Mountain wargame

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 11, 2002
      Scott,

      Which portion of the Battles for South Mountain are we viewing in
      that image???

      Impressive indeed.

      Very respectfully,
      Your humble servant,
      G. E. (Gerry) Mayers,
      Private,
      Nelson's Signal Company,
      Longstreet's Corps

      Edward Lee

      Explore some little known facts of the War of the Rebellion! The
      current feature may be found at
      http://www.us-civilwar.com/picketline.html
      To see earlier articles, kindly go to:
      http://www.us-civilwar.com/njrebel

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 12, 2002
        --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "NJ Rebel" <gerry1952@f...>
        wrote:
        > Scott,
        >
        > Which portion of the Battles for South Mountain are we viewing in
        > that image???

        Gerry,

        This view is looking north from the Lamb's Knoll region. In the
        foreground is the country lane that ran by the J. H. Beachley house
        (first house from the bottom). To the right is Old Sharpsburg Road
        (Hoffman and Martz houses). Towards the center is Fox's Gap and a
        structure to represent the Wise cabin. To the left is the road
        heading down towards Pleasant Valley (Lampert and Hutzel homesteads).
        To the north (top of the photo) runs the old mountain road towards
        Turner's Gap.

        At the extreme NE corner of the photo is the National Pike near the
        D. Beachley farm. The stone walls in this segment are defending by
        two regiments of Colquitt's Brigade.

        Everything is in 15mm scale. I use Johnny RebIII as the rules. Each
        inch of miniature terrain equals 50 yards of ground scale, each tiny
        wargaming pewter figure equals 30 armed combatants, and each game
        turn is 20 minutes of ground time.

        For more pictures of South Mountain gaming, please see my web site at
        http://www.geocities.com/scottmingus/index. Also, please sign my
        guestbook if you have time.

        regards!

        Scott
      • james2044 <james2044@hotmail.com>
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 12, 2002
          Gerry
          The TalonSoft PC game Antietam has South Mountain on it. Check
          eBay, I have them all. The AI isn't but they are based on the SPI
          TSS system and are the bast ones out. HPS is doing ACW campaign
          games. I have Corinth and the next one is due 1st qtr 03.
          James

          wrote:
          > Scott,
          >
          > Will the game scenarios eventually be computerized???
          >
          > Very respectfully,
          > Your humble servant,
          > Gerry Mayers
          > Pvt., CS Signals,
          > Longstreet's Corps

          > Edward Lee
          >
          > Gods and Generals movie slated for general theater release
          > February 21, 2003--
          > said by Stephen Lang, September 14, 2002

            Robert