Re: [TalkAntietam] Interesting item on eBay web site item#1146062842: Antietam Cemetery Soldiers' Monument

  • TR Livesey
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2001
      I've seen this image before; its not too uncommon. There is another one,
      same person (who I think is the sculptor), full length, not close up.

      Todd

      Tom Clemens wrote:

      > Bill,
      > I had not seen it before either. Are you bidding on it?
      >

      > gwjchris@... wrote:
      >
      > > Folks,
      > >
      > > Here's an Antietam related image that I've not see before.
      > >
      > > Bill Christen
      > >
      > > Title of item: Antietam Cemetery Soldiers' Monument
      > > Seller: ravenview
      > > Starts: May-16-01 18:26:15 PDT
      > > Ends: May-23-01 18:26:15 PDT
      > > Price: Starts at $9.99
      > > To bid on the item, go to:
      > > http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1146062842
      > >
      > > Item Description:
      > >
      > > ANTIETAM CEMETERY SOLDIERS' MONUMENT!
      > > Stereoview titled Granite Statue, the Volunteer. This is the
      > > Soldiers' Monument for Antietam Cemetery, Md. It was constructed at
      > > the R.I. Granite Works, in Westerly, Rhode Island. This is likely on
      > > exhibit at the Centennial Expo. From other images of this statue I
      > > believe that the man in the image is the sculptor or the designer of
      > > the work, I forget which.
      > >
      > > Terms: Buyer pays postage and insurance. Insurance is charged on
      > > items selling for $20 or more. Insurance is always optional but
      > > items shipped without insurance are at purchaser?s risk. NYS
      > > residents must add sales tax appropriate to their county or provide
      > > a completed resale/exemption certificate. Domestic payments must be
      > > received within 10 calendar days of auction closing; within 14 days
      > > for international payments. Money orders, personal checks, credit
      > > cards through Paypal or Bidpay, or cash, are accepted for domestic
      > > payments. Personal checks may be held for clearance before item is
      > > shipped at seller?s discretion. Canadian buyers must pay with a
      > > Canadian Postal Money Order in U.S. dollars, by a U.S. dollar check
      > > drawn on a U.S. bank that has appropriate routing numbers at the
      > > bottom, by credit card, or by cash. All other International buyers
      > > must pay by an International Money Order in U.S. dollars from
      > > American Express or Western Union, by a U.S. dollar check drawn on!
      > > a U.S. bank that has appropriate routing numbers at the bottom, by
      > > credit card if payments from your country are accepted by the
      > > services indicated, or by cash. We reserve the right to reject and
      > > cancel bids from anyone with a negative feedback rating or anyone
      > > with 4 or more negative feedbacks. Your bid is acknowledgment that
      > > you agree to these terms.
      > >
      > > Please visit our website to view Images and Books for sale:
      > > Jeffrey Kraus Antique Photographica. New Items are regularly being
      > > added! Visit regularly to check out the new listings!
      > >
      > > PayPal payments accepted!
      > >
      > > BidPay - the original online auction payment service.
      > > Click on our banner to pay for your auction instantly!
      > >
      > > www.BidPay.com
      > >
      > > Visit eBay, the world's largest Personal Trading Community
> [...]
    • Bill and/or Glenna Jo Christen
      Message 2 of 3 , May 18, 2001
        Tom Clemens wrote:

        > Bill,
        > I had not seen it before either. Are you bidding on it?

        No, If you need "help" getting it, I'd be glad to contribute.

        Bill
      • Mark A. Pflum
        Message 3 of 3 , May 19, 2001
          --- In TalkAntietam@y..., TR Livesey <westwood@e...> wrote:
          > I've seen this image before; its not too uncommon. There is another
          one, same person (who I think is the sculptor), full length, not close
          up.
          > Todd

          You are correct, Sir!

          I have the one that you mention, but not this one! So . . . I put a
          bid on this one in the hopes of creating a happy reunion.

          Thanks for the "heads up," Bill!

          Mark A. Pflum
          (a great fan of Mr. Simon Pure)