Re: South Mountain wargame

  • Scott Mingus
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 13, 2002

      I have all 16 miniature wargaming scenarios currently in manuscript
      format prior to submitting them to my publisher. If you's like to
      take a look, please send me an e-mail off-line. Several folks from
      this YahooGroup have been kind enough to help review the scenarios
      and offer constructive commentary. Feel free to join in!

      Scott

    • Scott Mingus <scottmingus@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 11, 2002
        Here is a link to one of the "aerial" [hotos of my recent Fox's Gap
        wargaming scenario.

        http://www.fall-in.org/images/fi1195.jpg
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 11, 2002
          Scott,

          Which portion of the Battles for South Mountain are we viewing in
          that image???

          Impressive indeed.

          Very respectfully,
          Your humble servant,
          G. E. (Gerry) Mayers,
          Private,
          Nelson's Signal Company,
          Longstreet's Corps

          Edward Lee

          Explore some little known facts of the War of the Rebellion! The
          current feature may be found at
          http://www.us-civilwar.com/picketline.html
          To see earlier articles, kindly go to:
          http://www.us-civilwar.com/njrebel

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 12, 2002
            --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "NJ Rebel" <gerry1952@f...>
            wrote:
            > Scott,
            >
            > Which portion of the Battles for South Mountain are we viewing in
            > that image???

            Gerry,

            This view is looking north from the Lamb's Knoll region. In the
            foreground is the country lane that ran by the J. H. Beachley house
            (first house from the bottom). To the right is Old Sharpsburg Road
            (Hoffman and Martz houses). Towards the center is Fox's Gap and a
            structure to represent the Wise cabin. To the left is the road
            heading down towards Pleasant Valley (Lampert and Hutzel homesteads).
            To the north (top of the photo) runs the old mountain road towards
            Turner's Gap.

            At the extreme NE corner of the photo is the National Pike near the
            D. Beachley farm. The stone walls in this segment are defending by
            two regiments of Colquitt's Brigade.

            Everything is in 15mm scale. I use Johnny RebIII as the rules. Each
            inch of miniature terrain equals 50 yards of ground scale, each tiny
            wargaming pewter figure equals 30 armed combatants, and each game
            turn is 20 minutes of ground time.

            For more pictures of South Mountain gaming, please see my web site at
            http://www.geocities.com/scottmingus/index. Also, please sign my
            guestbook if you have time.

            regards!

            Scott
          • james2044 <james2044@hotmail.com>
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 12, 2002
              Gerry
              The TalonSoft PC game Antietam has South Mountain on it. Check
              eBay, I have them all. The AI isn't but they are based on the SPI
              TSS system and are the bast ones out. HPS is doing ACW campaign
              games. I have Corinth and the next one is due 1st qtr 03.
              James

              wrote:
              > Scott,
              >
              > Will the game scenarios eventually be computerized???
              >
              > Very respectfully,
              > Your humble servant,
              > Gerry Mayers
              > Pvt., CS Signals,
              > Longstreet's Corps

              > Edward Lee
              >
              > Gods and Generals movie slated for general theater release
              > February 21, 2003--
              > said by Stephen Lang, September 14, 2002

                Robert