Re: [TalkAntietam] South Mountain wargame

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 7, 2002
      Scott,

      Will the game scenarios eventually be computerized???

      Very respectfully,
      Your humble servant,
      Gerry Mayers
      Pvt., CS Signals,
      Longstreet's Corps

      Edward Lee

      Gods and Generals movie slated for general theater release
      February 21, 2003--
      said by Stephen Lang, September 14, 2002
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 13, 2002

        I have all 16 miniature wargaming scenarios currently in manuscript
        format prior to submitting them to my publisher. If you's like to
        take a look, please send me an e-mail off-line. Several folks from
        this YahooGroup have been kind enough to help review the scenarios
        and offer constructive commentary. Feel free to join in!

        Scott

      • Scott Mingus <scottmingus@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 11, 2002
          Here is a link to one of the "aerial" [hotos of my recent Fox's Gap
          wargaming scenario.

          http://www.fall-in.org/images/fi1195.jpg
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 11, 2002
            Scott,

            Which portion of the Battles for South Mountain are we viewing in
            that image???

            Impressive indeed.

            Very respectfully,
            Your humble servant,
            G. E. (Gerry) Mayers,
            Private,
            Nelson's Signal Company,
            Longstreet's Corps

            Edward Lee

            Explore some little known facts of the War of the Rebellion! The
            current feature may be found at
            http://www.us-civilwar.com/picketline.html
            To see earlier articles, kindly go to:
            http://www.us-civilwar.com/njrebel

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 12, 2002
              --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "NJ Rebel" <gerry1952@f...>
              wrote:
              > Scott,
              >
              > Which portion of the Battles for South Mountain are we viewing in
              > that image???

              Gerry,

              This view is looking north from the Lamb's Knoll region. In the
              foreground is the country lane that ran by the J. H. Beachley house
              (first house from the bottom). To the right is Old Sharpsburg Road
              (Hoffman and Martz houses). Towards the center is Fox's Gap and a
              structure to represent the Wise cabin. To the left is the road
              heading down towards Pleasant Valley (Lampert and Hutzel homesteads).
              To the north (top of the photo) runs the old mountain road towards
              Turner's Gap.

              At the extreme NE corner of the photo is the National Pike near the
              D. Beachley farm. The stone walls in this segment are defending by
              two regiments of Colquitt's Brigade.

              Everything is in 15mm scale. I use Johnny RebIII as the rules. Each
              inch of miniature terrain equals 50 yards of ground scale, each tiny
              wargaming pewter figure equals 30 armed combatants, and each game
              turn is 20 minutes of ground time.

              For more pictures of South Mountain gaming, please see my web site at
              http://www.geocities.com/scottmingus/index. Also, please sign my
              guestbook if you have time.

              regards!

              Scott
            • james2044 <james2044@hotmail.com>
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 12, 2002
                Gerry
                The TalonSoft PC game Antietam has South Mountain on it. Check
                eBay, I have them all. The AI isn't but they are based on the SPI
                TSS system and are the bast ones out. HPS is doing ACW campaign
                games. I have Corinth and the next one is due 1st qtr 03.
                James

                wrote:
                > Scott,
                >
                > Will the game scenarios eventually be computerized???
                >
                > Very respectfully,
                > Your humble servant,
                > Gerry Mayers
                > Pvt., CS Signals,
                > Longstreet's Corps

                > Edward Lee
                >
                > Gods and Generals movie slated for general theater release
                > February 21, 2003--
                > said by Stephen Lang, September 14, 2002

                  Robert