Re: South Mountain wargame

  • Scott Mingus
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 7, 2002
      Jason,

      Sorry I missed your presentation on Iverson at the CWRT meeting in
      Gettysburg last week. I was tied up with other activities.

      I did do a Gettysburg game a couple weeks ago at the Winds of Valor /
      MilitaryHistoryOnline.com fall muster.

      I'll post some pictures of this weekend's South Mountain games for
      folks to get an idea of what the gaming layout looks like.

      regards!

      Scott "the Mad Wargamer" Mingus
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 7, 2002
        Scott,

        Will the game scenarios eventually be computerized???

        Very respectfully,
        Your humble servant,
        Gerry Mayers
        Pvt., CS Signals,
        Longstreet's Corps

        Edward Lee

        Gods and Generals movie slated for general theater release
        February 21, 2003--
        said by Stephen Lang, September 14, 2002
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 13, 2002

          I have all 16 miniature wargaming scenarios currently in manuscript
          format prior to submitting them to my publisher. If you's like to
          take a look, please send me an e-mail off-line. Several folks from
          this YahooGroup have been kind enough to help review the scenarios
          and offer constructive commentary. Feel free to join in!

          Scott

        • Scott Mingus <scottmingus@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 11, 2002
            Here is a link to one of the "aerial" [hotos of my recent Fox's Gap
            wargaming scenario.

            http://www.fall-in.org/images/fi1195.jpg
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 11, 2002
              Scott,

              Which portion of the Battles for South Mountain are we viewing in
              that image???

              Impressive indeed.

              Very respectfully,
              Your humble servant,
              G. E. (Gerry) Mayers,
              Private,
              Nelson's Signal Company,
              Longstreet's Corps

              Edward Lee

              Explore some little known facts of the War of the Rebellion! The
              current feature may be found at
              http://www.us-civilwar.com/picketline.html
              To see earlier articles, kindly go to:
              http://www.us-civilwar.com/njrebel

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 12, 2002
                --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "NJ Rebel" <gerry1952@f...>
                wrote:
                > Scott,
                >
                > Which portion of the Battles for South Mountain are we viewing in
                > that image???

                Gerry,

                This view is looking north from the Lamb's Knoll region. In the
                foreground is the country lane that ran by the J. H. Beachley house
                (first house from the bottom). To the right is Old Sharpsburg Road
                (Hoffman and Martz houses). Towards the center is Fox's Gap and a
                structure to represent the Wise cabin. To the left is the road
                heading down towards Pleasant Valley (Lampert and Hutzel homesteads).
                To the north (top of the photo) runs the old mountain road towards
                Turner's Gap.

                At the extreme NE corner of the photo is the National Pike near the
                D. Beachley farm. The stone walls in this segment are defending by
                two regiments of Colquitt's Brigade.

                Everything is in 15mm scale. I use Johnny RebIII as the rules. Each
                inch of miniature terrain equals 50 yards of ground scale, each tiny
                wargaming pewter figure equals 30 armed combatants, and each game
                turn is 20 minutes of ground time.

                For more pictures of South Mountain gaming, please see my web site at
                http://www.geocities.com/scottmingus/index. Also, please sign my
                guestbook if you have time.

                regards!

                Scott
              • james2044 <james2044@hotmail.com>
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 12, 2002
                  Gerry
                  The TalonSoft PC game Antietam has South Mountain on it. Check
                  eBay, I have them all. The AI isn't but they are based on the SPI
                  TSS system and are the bast ones out. HPS is doing ACW campaign
                  games. I have Corinth and the next one is due 1st qtr 03.
                  James

                  wrote:
                  > Scott,
                  >
                  > Will the game scenarios eventually be computerized???
                  >
                  > Very respectfully,
                  > Your humble servant,
                  > Gerry Mayers
                  > Pvt., CS Signals,
                  > Longstreet's Corps

                  > Edward Lee
                  >
                  > Gods and Generals movie slated for general theater release
                  > February 21, 2003--
                  > said by Stephen Lang, September 14, 2002

                    Robert