November tour reminders

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2002
      Two upcoming NPS tours at Antietam in November....

      Sunday, 10th- Battlefield Hike- The Burnside Bridge-This Battlefield
      hike will explore the Union advance towards the Burnside Bridge. We will
      cover the high ground east of the Bridge, Confederate Overlook, and a
      portion of Snavely's Ford Trail. The hike will begin at 1 P.M. at the
      Visitors Center and end approximately 3 P.M. Total length of the hike is
      about 2 miles.

      Sunday, 17th-Battlefield Hike-Another Lost Opportunity: George Greene at
      Antietam-This Battlefield hike will follow the action surrounding G.
      Greene's Division of the Union Twelfth Corps. We will walk through the
      Cornfield, East Woods, Mumma Swale, Dunker Church, and West Woods. The
      hike will begin at 1 P.M. and end approximately 3 P.M. at the Visitors
      Center. The length of the hike is 1.5 miles.

      POSTED BY: Tom Shay