Re: [TalkAntietam] Book Sale

  • Ray Ortensie
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 21, 2002
      Ron:

      Thanks. I am well aware of Jones' work. My current research is in
      Confederate religion and I am working on an article for submission on the
      religious revivals that took place in the 2nd Corps during the winter of
      1862/1863. Jones' Christ in Camp is a valuable resource but also Bennett's
      work too. Right now I am working on finding non-secular works mentioning
      the revivals. I am debating on looking into the role of the religious
      newspapers as a morale builder for my thesis. Thanks again.

      Ray

      > Ray,
      >
      > I have two books written by J. William Jones, but not "Personal
      > Reminiscences....." . Rev. J. William Jones, D.D. was Chaplain in the
      Army

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 22, 2002
        Ray,

        While it might seem I have forgotten my offer to aid you with
        your project I have not. I will shortly review my CD of the SHSP
        and see what is revealed about religion in the camps of the
        Confederate Armies during the time period you mention.

        If I should find anything, should I print them out and mail to
        you or send them to you via several private emails?

        Your humble servant,
        Gerry Mayers
        Pvt., CS Signals,
        Longstreet's Corps

        Edward Lee

        Gods and Generals movie slated for general theater release
        February 21, 2003--
        said by Stephen Lang, September 14, 2002

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/