Re: [TalkAntietam] Interesting incident on MD Heights

  • Teej Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2002
      Tom Shay wrote:

      On Monday, September 16, two visitors made a cellular phone call to the
      park and reported that they were being attacked by pigs in the Maryland
      Heights section of the park. Ranger Ryan Levins found the two visitors,
      who were uninjured by shaken up. Investigation revealed that they’d
      avoided a noisy charge by six pigs by moving to cover and throwing a
      rock at them. They were able to provide accurate descriptions of their
      assailants, including length, color and types of snouts and tails.
      Levins located two of the assailants on an adjacent property owner’s
      land, returned them to their pens, and left a note for the owner asking
      that he repair his fence. At the time of the report, the other four
      assailants were still at large. An APB has been issued and they’ve been
      entered into NCIC.
      [Submitted by Scot McElveen, Chief Ranger, Harpers Ferry NHP]

      Did by any chance any of those pigs answer to the name "Longstreet?" If
      so, someone needs to get in touch with Dennis Fry, as said porker probably
      belongs to him. :-)

      Thanks, Tom, great story!

      Regards,
      Teej
    • Jeff Beckner (PWC Magazine)
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2002
        Hmmmmm....I thought the rule was a 3:1 ratio when attacking
        entrenchments....seems like the pigs didn't want it bad enough.

        On Monday, September 16, two visitors made a cellular phone call to the
        park and reported that they were being attacked by pigs in the Maryland
        Heights section of the park. Ranger Ryan Levins found the two visitors,
        who were uninjured by shaken up. Investigation revealed that they’d
        avoided a noisy charge by six pigs by moving to cover and throwing a
        rock at them. They were able to provide accurate descriptions of their
        assailants, including length, color and types of snouts and tails.
        Levins located two of the assailants on an adjacent property owner’s
        land, returned them to their pens, and left a note for the owner asking
        that he repair his fence. At the time of the report, the other four
        assailants were still at large. An APB has been issued and they’ve been
        entered into NCIC.
        [Submitted by Scot McElveen, Chief Ranger, Harpers Ferry NHP]

        Tom Shay - Cressona, PA

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Marc73@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2002
          In a message dated 10/1/2002 3:13:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          jbeckner@... writes:

          > At the time of the report, the other four
          > assailants were still at large. An APB has been issued and they’ve been
          > entered into NCIC.

          Hmmmm...Election Day is coming up soon..perhaps they will be voting, perhaps
          Breckenridge..nah they sound like Bell supporters.

          Marc Riddell
          83rd PVI
          2nd USSS
          Potomac Legion