Interesting incident on MD Heights

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2002
      From NPS Morning Report of Sept 27....

      On Monday, September 16, two visitors made a cellular phone call to the
      park and reported that they were being attacked by pigs in the Maryland
      Heights section of the park. Ranger Ryan Levins found the two visitors,
      who were uninjured by shaken up. Investigation revealed that they’d
      avoided a noisy charge by six pigs by moving to cover and throwing a
      rock at them. They were able to provide accurate descriptions of their
      assailants, including length, color and types of snouts and tails.
      Levins located two of the assailants on an adjacent property owner’s
      land, returned them to their pens, and left a note for the owner asking
      that he repair his fence. At the time of the report, the other four
      assailants were still at large. An APB has been issued and they’ve been
      entered into NCIC.
      [Submitted by Scot McElveen, Chief Ranger, Harpers Ferry NHP]

      Tom Shay - Cressona, PA
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2002
        Tom;

        LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......... they were Southern pigs for
        sure!!!!

        :-))

        Your humble servant,
        Gerry Mayers
        Pvt., CS Signals,
        Longstreet's Corps

        Edward Lee

        Gods and Generals movie slated for general theater release
        February 21, 2003--
        said by Stephen Lang, September 14, 2002
        On Monday, September 16, two visitors made a cellular phone call
        to the
        park and reported that they were being attacked by pigs in the
        Maryland
        Heights section of the park. Ranger Ryan Levins found the two
        visitors,
        who were uninjured by shaken up. Investigation revealed that
        theyâ?Td
        avoided a noisy charge by six pigs by moving to cover and
        throwing a
        rock at them. They were able to provide accurate descriptions of
        their
        assailants, including length, color and types of snouts and
        tails.
        Levins located two of the assailants on an adjacent property
        ownerâ?Ts
        land, returned them to their pens, and left a note for the owner
        asking
        that he repair his fence. At the time of the report, the other
        four
        assailants were still at large. An APB has been issued and
        theyâ?Tve been
        entered into NCIC.
        [Submitted by Scot McElveen, Chief Ranger, Harpers Ferry NHP]

        Tom Shay - Cressona, PA

        ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups
        Sponsor ---------------------~-->
        Sell a Home for Top $
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/MVfIAA/GmiolB/TM
      • Teej Smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2002
          Tom Shay wrote:

          On Monday, September 16, two visitors made a cellular phone call to the
          park and reported that they were being attacked by pigs in the Maryland
          Heights section of the park. Ranger Ryan Levins found the two visitors,
          who were uninjured by shaken up. Investigation revealed that they’d
          avoided a noisy charge by six pigs by moving to cover and throwing a
          rock at them. They were able to provide accurate descriptions of their
          assailants, including length, color and types of snouts and tails.
          Levins located two of the assailants on an adjacent property owner’s
          land, returned them to their pens, and left a note for the owner asking
          that he repair his fence. At the time of the report, the other four
          assailants were still at large. An APB has been issued and they’ve been
          entered into NCIC.
          [Submitted by Scot McElveen, Chief Ranger, Harpers Ferry NHP]

          Did by any chance any of those pigs answer to the name "Longstreet?" If
          so, someone needs to get in touch with Dennis Fry, as said porker probably
          belongs to him. :-)

          Thanks, Tom, great story!

          Regards,
          Teej
        • Jeff Beckner (PWC Magazine)
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2002
            Hmmmmm....I thought the rule was a 3:1 ratio when attacking
            entrenchments....seems like the pigs didn't want it bad enough.

[...]

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • Marc73@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2002
              In a message dated 10/1/2002 3:13:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
              jbeckner@... writes:

              > At the time of the report, the other four
              > assailants were still at large. An APB has been issued and they’ve been
              > entered into NCIC.

              Hmmmm...Election Day is coming up soon..perhaps they will be voting, perhaps
              Breckenridge..nah they sound like Bell supporters.

              Marc Riddell
              83rd PVI
              2nd USSS
              Potomac Legion