807Re: [TalkAntietam] Digest Number 204

  • James Mattes
    Aug 17, 2002
      That is the problem with many of the artist in this
      era. Too little research and too much speculation.
      Troiani is perhaps the only artist of this generation
      to get it right. That is way his works are in much
      demand. Rocco is close and a few others but most are
      at best fair artist that lack much in regards to
      historical research.
      VR
      James Mattes

      On Don Stivers' painting of Burnside's Bridge,

      Message: 8 Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:42:33 EDT From:
      Pa128th@... Subject: Will you give us our Whiskey
      now? Ok, I found it - the above is the title. I have
      to check my sources, my memory is faulting me right
      now - I know it was one of the 51st - NY or Pa. The
      explanation under the print states it was a
      Pennsylvanian which means it would be the 51st Pa
      under then Colonel John Hartranft, but the officer in
      the painting doesn't look like Hartranft. <A
      HREF="http://www.donstivers.com/cgi-bin/search.pl/stivers1">Don
      Stivers Prints - Search Results</A> Paula

      HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
      http://www.hotjobs.com
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic