      From: G E Mayers
      Date: Dec 30, 2013 6:05:12 PM
      Subject: re AAR for Richardson's Division for Sunken Road fight
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com

       Gang;

      Does anyone kn ow if an After Action Report was ever filed on the activities of Richardson's Division during the Battle of Antietam? Bearing in mnid that Richardson himself was mortally wounded and Hancock was directly promoted by McClellan to take over the division, I am wondering who might have authored a report for the division to Headquarters, Army of the Potomac?

      This next year I plan to do a bit of research for my new novel, "Clear the Way!", which will focus on the Irish Brigade and its assault on the Sunken Road as well as its participation in the Maryland Campaign.

      Whatever assist can be given regarding any AARs from Richardson's Division or any of its components would be very helpful.

      http://milfordalive.com/gerard-e-mayers/
      https://www.amazon.com/author/gerardemayers
      http://nonebutheroes.blogspot.com/

      "True patriotism sometimes requires of men to act exactly contrary, at one period, to that which it does at another, and the motive which impels them--the desire to do right--is precisely the same. The circumstances which govern their actions change; and their conduct must conform to the new order of things." -- Robert E. Lee

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic