7059"Forey's Brigade"

    Sep 22, 2013

      I'm trying to track down "Forey" in "Forey's Brigade" as it was referenced by Sec. Chase in his interview with Mansfield 8 Sept. 1862 "...leaving at Suffolk, Forey's Brigade of four diminished Regiments, say 1,800 men in all...."

      I've spent a couple of hours trying to track him down (and using likely variants of his name) to no avail. He was apparently at Suffolk in 1862 according to Chase/Mansfield and near Charleston, SC, in 1863 near Folly's Island according to a NY newspaper. I suppose Chase could have misspelled the name but then again by the newspaper? Strange. Anyone know about him? Thanks, Larry.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic