7030RE: [TalkAntietam] Re: Lt. Col. James C. Lane Photo

    Aug 23, 2013
      Larry;

      If you do a chapter on Antietam as part of your Mansfield bio, be sure to include a photo or two of the George Lane (or is it Line) Farm and house where Mansfield dies after being mortally wounded. IIRC, the 12th Corps also beds down the night of September 16th on that farm.

      http://milfordalive.com/gerard-e-mayers/
      https://www.amazon.com/author/gerardemayers
      http://nonebutheroes.blogspot.com/

      "True patriotism sometimes requires of men to act exactly contrary, at one period, to that which it does at another, and the motive which impels them--the desire to do right--is precisely the same. The circumstances which govern their actions change; and their conduct must conform to the new order of things." -- Robert E. Lee