      From: RoteBaron@...
      Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 1:42 PM
      To: TalkAntietam
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Was Roulette's family at the farm during battle?

      I recently finished an exhausting series of trips to Antietam, with most recent being full day guiding a bus of 58 people around the battlefield. Great fun! Now I've got some questions to pose.

      I know Wiliam Roulette stayed at his farm during the battle. It was my understanding that hi s wife Margaret and their children headed north and were not present on Sept 17. Yet, during her talk at Antietam on anniversary weekend, K athleen Ernst mentioned that the family was there.

      Anyone have the definitive answer?